Monday, January 03, 2005

Shocking Protest of the Day

Ok, so today as I was walking in, I saw two groups of protesters instead of the usual single huddled group-o-granolas. As I approached the first group of three, I saw a couple of the usual signs: “Bring the troops home now” and “The US is the biggest supporter of terrorist states”. I smirked as I passed by, glad that I live in a free country where people are free to be as ignorant as they want.

About 20 feet further on, a couple more ‘protesters’ stood, and facing them was a Pentagon cop, MP5 at the ready. Hmmm, I thought, this was unusual. Always before, the protesters have huddled together near the safety of the escalators, a small herd of fearful creatures worried about all those vicious baby killers passing them by.

This second group, really just two ladies with posterboard signs, caused my jaw to drop. Their signs read “Thank you for keeping us free” and something else which I was too surprised to remember.

I was shocked.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent.