Monday, January 24, 2005

Protest of the Day

It was cold, and there was still some snow on the ground, but they were there, gamely holding their signs. Nothing new or exciting, however, except that they were standing closer than usual to the crowds of people flowing in. Once again, ProtestWarriors were there, providing an irksome presence for these defenders of...whatever. Freedom rules, I truly believe, as you can see by the new name of my blog. Anyway, the protest sign of the day:

The US radiates soldiers and civilians

Um, OK. There is a lot I could say about this. Does the US send out soldiers in waves? I guess. Do US civilians 'spread out into new habitats'? Sure. So, nothing really to disagree with on the sign. Now I know that the poor gentleman with the tinfoil hat was talking about depleted uranium, but I think that would have been more clear had he used the word 'irradiate'. So, what to do? Well, since the sun is the biggest source of radiation of both soldiers and civilians, I think we should all drive SUVs to try to build a nice protective layer of CO2...

No comments: